Do You Know What To Look For In An Attorney?
- Geography: Laws can vary by location - at the city, county, and state levels - commonly referred to as jurisdiction. Be sure the attorney is licensed and experienced in your area.
- Experience: Speaking of experience... does the attorney practice in the area of law you need? Family Law is different from Real Estate Law. What area of law is your need?
- Good Standing: We don't mean their height or stature. Each attorney is licensed by their state. If the attorney has not experienced any formal complaints with their state licensing authority, that means they are in good standing. Do you know how to check yours? With SimpleLaw, we have done that for you already.
- Billing Type: What billing options are there for your case and which is best for you? Hourly, Flat, mix of Hourly/Flat, Contingent are the most common. Ask your attorney which billing types they offer and what is best for your case.
- Tech powered: More like tech superpowered! Does your attorney use technology? Like all areas of life these days, technology drives efficiency. And efficiency means less time billed for case management, potentially reducing your actual cost.
- Client Access: Does your attorney use software that offers a portal for their clients? The portal lets you log in and see the status of your case, 24/7. That includes submitting needed documents, reviewing notes on the matter, see upcoming due dates, monitor time and billing as it happens, and so much more. SimpleLaw gives clients a free portal.